Wednesday, May 19, 2010

and my favorite band is!



Today I’m writing about my favorite band, I must explain I really have not one band, I listen to many different music styles and groups, but I will tell you about one group, a Uruguayan group Cuarteto de Nos,

I was chatting with my friends on msn, and Chago had in his nick " Porque siempre fui un palomo" and I asked him" why do you have those words?" and he answered me " It's a lyric of Cuarteto de Nos” and then we chatted about music and after I started to look for cuarteto’s music.
After, I had an album called “Revista esa”. The lyrics are funny and said many thinks, touch other themes. Really they are ironic.
When I listen to their songs I can feel lots of stuff, not because of the music, their lyrics moved me. They sing about political, social problems. Of course, many times from the laugh, but not always. When they denunciated a critical thinks, they take the form of their enemy and speak (well, sing) like he (“No somos latinos” , ”no quiero ser igual”). In other songs, they are explicit; they attack direct with fresh words, hard words.
My favorite song from this group is “Nada es gratis en la vida”. And the first part of this song is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJrvBxNHnc

2 comments:

  1. I think you will choose Frank Sinatra xD, because in your lastFM he's the first on the list :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I love them! *-* I thought nobody know about them
    My favourite quote from Cuarteto de Nos
    "Ya lancé piedras y escupitajos, al lugar donde ahora trabajo"
    Lovely song indeed <3

    ReplyDelete