Wednesday, April 28, 2010


I asked me if I admire someone. I was thinking a minutes but I can’t remember any named. After I remember a sentence, “The documental is a creative treatment of the reality” words very important for me.
John Grierson said these words but maybe he never said the sentence the way I think he said it, but these words open many possibilities when making Documentary.

Today, the documental is only different of the fiction in the way of production, because the documental isn’t reality, but before, many persons like thought “I can represent the real world” and this is impossible.

John Grierson was born in Scotland in 1986. He was in the British Navy and studied philosophy and literature. He travel to USA to examine immigrant problems I 1924, and return to England in 1927 where He began to work in the Empire Marketing Board, a governmental office what make publicity. After he began to do documental of the British Empire but He filmed to working class. But He made propagandist for the Empire but he always considerate the social-realist film.
I think, the documentary must be responsible, and this year I must work in documental projects, I can not forget these words “creative treatment of the reality”.

1 comment:

  1. i have to be honest. I don't like grierson :P he just said "i love UK and our industrial, it is glourious"
    iuuugh

    ReplyDelete